Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some beautiful period accessories for my film!

While I have been drifting in the white noise of overtime, my friend Karen has been knitting up a storm of Victorian era awesomeness. This is called a misers purse- a design of brilliant innovation to keep pickpockets from stealing your coin. It opens in a very unique way, with sort of a crisscross pattern that you have to pull apart and then separate the yarn in order to get at your money.

Not only is it beautiful, it's practical too.  You can see some of the other stuff she's made for Adventures in Science over at her blog!

Thanks, Karen! It looks AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. This is good. I also think if I had one I would spend LESS $. Anything that keeps me from my money for a little bit longer is a good thing!

    Looking forward to seeing more of Karen's unique handy work!

    ReplyDelete